1.14.2009

Lord, help me be better

Never been too much for New Years Resolutions, but I do see the value in setting goals. Here are mine in writing, easiest to most challenging.

I will exercise , not to lose weight, but to transform my squishy new mommy middle into a firm, hard core.

I will be more social by staying in touch. I will make efforts to get to know people more deeply and keep in contact with friends and family – hence the blog.

I will give more service by taking meals to those in need of help and befriending those who need a friend.

I will be a better mom by attributing positive intent. Instead of assuming Layne is evil and always trying to make my life difficult I will assume he is truly meaning to do good and simply falling short. Too many times I have jumped all over him for making a mess of something when he was really just trying to help.

No comments: