1.03.2009

Impressions of an Impressive Lunch


When a Bagley from out of town comes to visit there are always tons of opportunities to go out to eat. This of coarse comes with the daunting task of pulling off an outing with a crowd of people who have no skills in planning, sticking to a plan or even looking at a clock. We were ahead of the game with the restaurant chosen, only women attending (cutting the crowd in half) and the day was set without an option of changing since Jill was flying out the next day. Let's just say I left my house at 10:45 and returned 5 hours later.

The restaurant was True Food Kitchen and the menu was centered on Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflammatory diet. I have been a fan of Dr. Weil since I read his books in 2001 and was captivated by the science behind nutrition. I loved everything about the place...the plants that lined the walkway to the entrance, the thick wood counters with chefs prepping ingredients, the large open kitchen, the colors, the knowledgeable servers, the 3 varieties of natural sweetener packets on the tables. But the food...oh so fresh, high quality I could taste. Organic, grass fed, wild caught, whole grain, low glycemic, and powefull anti-oxident are some of the buzz words that permiated my soul. A restaurant that can make super healthy meals that taste great it top in my book. However, the portions were diet sized. We ate at 1 and I was hungry again at 4!

The company was delightful. The women of the Bagley family are the most fantastic mix of charisma. Here is a glance at just a few of the qualities that make them so inspiring to me.

Elaine is generous, assiduous and supportive, she always sees the best in others.
Jean is fun and social, always having a good time, great self esteem and lively conversation.
Heidi is super nurturing and endearing, a good listener and very sincere.
Becky is so sweet, loveable, and totally down to earth. Her spirit shines with true humility.
Jill is personable, loyal and real. She is easy to talk to and opens her heart as a true friend.
Reachel is ambitious, thoughtful and reserved, she has a grace about her that is captivating. (And is a great party hostess)
Leisel is a talented and altruistic with great compassion and understaning for others
Ashley is vivacious and reliable with honorable character and a strong sense of virtue.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I see the title "Restaurant Reviewer" in your future. Spot on! I wished the portions were a tad bigger, too, but loved the food. So glad we could spend time together.

And many thank yous for your sweet insights into your sister in laws. We love you :)

Kara said...

I would love to be a restaurant reviewer, where do I sign up?

Candice said...

I would like to second all of your observations about the Arizona Bagley women. You do not find many better women in the whole world. Excellent insights.