5.14.2009

That Boy Talks Funny

Conversations with Brik usually involve a lot of “What was that?” “Say that again.” And “I don’t know what you are saying.” He is incredibly patient in repeating and repeating and even just letting go of any chance of understanding at times. This boy is a jabber box and I find it quite entertaining, much like a puzzle to figure out what he is saying or even more fun, what he is meaning to say.

The biggest challenges come when he is relaying experiences where I wasn’t involved. Like when he was telling me “At Papa’s there are a lot of teeth.” I knew this was wrong, but I didn’t know what I was missing until he said “No, like duck, duck, goose.” Ah, Papa has a lot of geese, this is true.

Some times he is brilliant, like when he asked “Mom, why do you say soup every time you eat your soup?” referring to the slurping sound I make when I take a bite. Hmmm, I never thought of that.

Other times he thinks he is brilliant, like when I was writing in my journal and he wanted me to write I am a child of God. He said “ I will tell you the letters to write; i-em-a-ida-a-dod.” Then he continued to “spell” it, and check my writing.

Best of all, he cracks me up without any intention of humor. When we were watching President Uchtdorf speak in General Conference, Brik said “That guy talks funny.”

1 comment:

fish said...

i hear congratulations are in order.