9.08.2009

Remembering Bugles

The boy's raspberry eating strategy reminded me of when my brother and I used to put Bugles on our fingers. We were limited to man-made finger foods because we lived in Podunk, where raspberries didn't even exist in real life. I mean, Bugles are clearly better in every way; they last for months without going bad, they don't stain your clothes, they don't have to be washed before eaten and they are cheaper. Remind of why we even eat raspberries at all.

I got these big, honking, delicious raspberries at our favorite produce market where prices are amazing. At the typical grocery store they will go on sale for $2.50 for a 6 oz. package, a warehouse store will have them for $9.99 for 6-6 oz. containers. These were 50 cents per 6 oz. container. I am recording these exciting facts for posterity...I wonder what raspberries went for in 1985.

When did nutrition get thrown out the window? I am looking forward to the day when the snacks and refreshments dished out at school, church, meetings, parties, ect. are a little less Bugle-ish (goldfish, Graham crackers, cookies, "fruit snacks, Little Debbie's, wheat thins, Gatorade...) and a lot more like plain old, God-made raspberries.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Bugles were the first thing that came to mind too when I saw them, funny how all kids think alike.

Candice said...

Yeah, verily. I totally agree. Those raspberries look amazing!