9.20.2009

Herbivore


Roxwell is nearly 11 months, still working on the crawling thing, but he rolls all over. Still a happy boy, content, sleeps 11 hours a night and puts up with Layne's rough handling. He still loves his baby swing as the motor can barley sway his 21 pounds. Only two teeth have made their way into his gummy grin.

Although he is my third boy which is old hat by now, he has a few quirks that are totally original to himself. Roxwell has a very developed palate and much prefers whole food over pureed. Often times he will refuse his own food if you are eating real food in front of him. I am most amazed at his ability to enjoy leafy vegetables and strong flavors from herbs, spices and garlic! How I love to see bits of myself in my child, finally.

3 comments:

Candice said...

That is amazing. You are such a good Mom for having such good food around him, for him to prefer.

Becky said...

Yhea for baby Roxwell! He's cute like his mama, too :)

Nancy Pitney said...

Thanks for the tip about carrots! I will definitely get them at Costco because Jack really likes them and I'm too cheap to buy the store made baby food! Roxwell is a cutie! :-)