8.13.2009

Murky Glory


It is obvious that we trek our family of five (quite a load and expense) to Iowa (a very unglamorous destination) for the sole purpose to unite the grandparents and grandkids. It is no secret that as parents we are only in attendance for transportation purposes. Even still, I have many memories of my old stomping grounds; Manchester, Lake Delhi, The Country Club, Britt, Hobo Days...It is invigorating to remember childhood.

Lake Delhi was where I first learned to ski and spent many a weekend being pulled behind the boat via various blow-up devices (inner tube, ski rocket, torpedo). Engine Joe is the cliff we jumped off of when I perforated my eardrum in middle school. Freddy's Beach is where we built castles, moats and rivers in the sand, jumped on their super bouncy trampolines or swam out to their floating dock with a slide, rope, trampoline and diving board (I wonder if that is still there).

Dad now has a condo on Lake Delhi with jet ski and pontoon. We got out in the boat most every day. Layne, of coarse was into driving as much as possible. Roxwell was not too fond of the life jacket so we tried to make arrangements so that he would not have to be along for the ride. I gave skiing, knee boarding and tubing a go and was pleased to still be able to hang on with minimal day-after-stiffness. Jarom absolutely loves hanging out on the Lake and participating in the various water sports. Brik, well, we'll get to him next post.

P.S. My husband is hot.

No comments: