3.12.2010

Ship Bliss


I am typically not a vacation type of person.  I don’t like to be away from the comforts of home.  I like my soft water to shower in, I like my kitchen to cook in, I like my bed and dark, quiet room to sleep in, I like to have my clothes in drawers and hangers… I hate the hassle of preparing for a trip, trying to remember everything that I might need or will surely need, getting the house and kids ready for a lengthy departure, making travel arrangements...

For the first time, it was all worth it!

First off, after years of traveling with small children, traveling alone was not so bad.  Packing snacks; simple, Airport security; a breeze, Waiting to board; almost peaceful, Carrying our luggage; no problem.  We had super helpful family members that took great care of the children.  They all enjoyed the week, got spoiled with toys and fun activities and ate their vegetables.

Aboard the ship, I really didn’t know what to expect; what we would do, how we would feel and if there would be any food worth eating.  We quickly found out that you sleep when you are tired, eat when you are hungry and look in the Patter (the daily schedule of activities and shows) when you are bored. 


I was most impressed by the clean entertainment and delicious food (which will get a lengthy post all of its own).  They had dancers, comedians, an awesome illusionist and showed mostly PG and PG-13 movies in the theater.  We participated in a latin ballroom dance class each day we were at sea.  There was a fruit and vegetable carving and culinary demonstration that we enjoyed.  We played games, took naps and met some really great people.


It was relaxing for sure, we didn’t have to lift a finger.  Joselito made our bed, folded our clothes, wiped down the counters, took out our trash, got us ice, changed the toilet paper roll, wrapped up the chord on my blow dryer, washed our towels.  We were able to truly enjoy every second.


Happy Anniversary!

6 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Awesome! We've been thinking of a cruise for awhile, but I've had my reservations. I think you've convinced me: )

fish said...

where can i get me a joselito?

Kara said...

You have to be careful because I have had friends that have been on ships that they don't enforce the no smoking areas and the whole ship is engulfed in cigarette smoke. Some have very raunchy parties and contests. Also, look into the dress codes. When they are really lax, you will see a lot of bikinis and boobs. The dining rooms didn't even allow tank tops.

Leisel said...

Cute pics. I want to go on a cruise now again so bad. Glad you guys had such a good time.

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

remember how that's now my wedding dress? ha!

Kara said...

It was so fun to see you in it after I had just worn it. I had no idea you had such grand plans for it. We are going on another cruise soon if you have another dress to lend me. I so wish that black lace one fit! I am in love with that one...ooh and that green one you wore to some formal party with Marcus, but I heard that one was borrowed :(